Puig Vela Clàssica on board the Yanira
Barcelona’s most glamorous race returns!
- Departure: from 12 to 15 July 2017
- Price: 1.000€/person
- Contact person: Andrés
- Phonenumber: +34 605815461
- mail: email@example.com
Book this race
The IX edition of the Puig Vela Classica Barcelona Race will take place on July 12 to 15. Block these four days in your diaries, where about fifty classic and vintage boats, local and from other parts of the world (England, France, America, Italy etc.) will sail off, offering a great image of pure maritime tradition, something which can rarely be enjoyed in big cities like Barcelona.
You can also participate! Even if you don’t have any experience, there is always a first time, a step towards the exclusive world of classic sailing where a group of selected sailors adopt style and elegance that can only be appreciated in this unique show, full of tradition, competitiveness and high standards.
Information and reservations:
Andres (Phone: 605815461)
Wednesday, July 12
From 10 am, participants are registered, and Race Instructions are given.
At 19.30 we will meet to attend to the Welcoming Event, where we will meet the crew members of the competing ships, and to soak up the racing atmosphere.
July 13, 14 and 15
On Thursday 13, in the early morning, the skippers meeting will take place and… the adventure can begin!
Every day at 13.00, the races will start. The captain will chose the best tactics to achieve the best results, and we will join all our efforts to gain as much points possible. Everyone will be able to try different positions with different tasks on the boat: Helmsman, trimmer, cockpit or bowman, to discover the basics: the pleasure of sailing.
On Saturday 15, in the afternoon, the price giving and closing ceremony will take place. The perfect opportunity to celebrate these wonderful days of sailing in good company, with a live concert for entertainment and a few very much deserved gin tonics!
Information and reservations:
Andres, tel +34 605 81 54 61
Price per person:
- from 12 to 15 of June 2017: 1.000€
The price includes:
- Three professional crewmembers
- Race gear: shirts for every racing day, cap and gloves
- Food and beverages on board
- High defenition photoreport
- Race inscription fees
- Federation licence
- Race insurance
- Fuel expenses
Price does NOT include:
- Transport to and from the race
We will compete aboard the Yanira; a classic sloop of 17.85 meters long (58 feet), baptized in 1953 and winner of 24 victories since it started competing in the 80’s. Sailing against mythical vessels such as Moombean IV, where Rainiero of Mónaco and Grace Kelly spent their honeymoon in 1956, and Mariette, which was seized by the United States Coast Guard during World War II for monitoring the west coast.
After the satisfying effort of sailing, the social life at the Real Club Nautico de Barcelona Village will be splendid: a midmorning meeting before every start, typical sailors food, snacks after the race and of course cocktails while enjoying the sunsets. The Village is a unique spot to relax just a few meters from the shore, where you can meet other passionate sailing fans, just like you.
Subscribe! Classic Sailing Regattas are addictive and a source of euphoria and wellbeing!
What to pack
It is advised not to pack too many luggage, and if possible, a non-rigid suitcase. The most ideal would be a medium sized sports bag.
- Shoes with white soles to walk on deck, and flipflops
- Light waterproof jacket
- Bathing suits, towel and multiple shirts
- Sunscreen, sun caps and sunglasses
- Casual clothing, one or two changes
The life on board
It is very important to maintain order on board, inside (personal items in common areas), on deck (cremes, towels, cameras, etc) and while sailing, to avoid accidents or items going overboard.
- Try to save drinking water, the tanks are limited and it is preferable to moderate consumption (in the showers) than to have to go refill
- To use the toilet, specific instructions have to be followed, and paper or any other thing must not be flushed, to avoid clogs.
- As for the electric consumption; don’t leave any lights on, and charge phones during the day.
- Try to avoid going on board with shoes from the street, therefore highly recommended to use a light shoe with white soles to avoid bashing your feet onto anything.
- Eliminate sand from your feet and towels before going in after coming back from the beach.
- Never enter while being wet, to avoid slips and accidents.
- Use cremes (such as sunscreen) on top of a towel to avoid the deck from becoming slippery.