Easter 2018 – Ophiusa Regatta. Sailing from Sitges (Barcelona) to Formentera (Balearics)
Come with us! No sailing experience is necessary to join.
- Dates: From March 28th to April 2nd
- Price: 575€/person
- Contact Person: Andrés
- Phone Number: +34 605 81 54 61
Book this trip
Easter 2018. Ophiusa Regatta. Sailing From Sitges to Formentera (Balearic Islands) on board a beautiful Bavaria 50 sailboat.
No sailing experience is necessary to join. Just a passion for the sea and some spirit of adventure. You can learn how to sail if you want, participating in the manoeuvres during the trip.
The proposal consists in experiencing a true adventure, covered by the organisation of the famous popular “Ophiusa” regatta, which every year opens the sailing season with the participation of 80 boats (500 crew-members approx.) and is characterised by its fantastic social atmosphere.
– Wednesday at 19:00 h.: We will be waiting for you at Port d’Aiguadolç (Sitges) around 18h. to continue with introductions, distribution of cabins and the skipper’s briefing. –Reviewing the regulations and giving exhaustive weather information –We will attend a fantastic party and dinner offered by the organization of the regatta to all participants in Ophiusa.
-Thursday at 10:00 h.: The adventure begins! At 9:00, all arrangements for the startbegin. The regatta starts at 10:00 h. Our goal is to sail to Formentera and, who knows? We may even win a trophy, let’s see…
– Friday: We reach Formentera in the early afternoon more or less, anchor in Sabina port and will have time to relax and recover from the trip. The port has all the facilities (Showers, bars and restaurants, etc.) At nighttime a good dinner is awaiting, where it is customary to discuss the regatta: strategies, results, etc.
– Saturday: Time to visit Formentera. It is typical to hire a motorcycle and travel round the island, discovering its wild landscape with white sand beaches and turquoise blue waters that are reminiscent of the Caribbean. Barbería lighthouse, Punta de la Mola, Es Caló…magical locations full of charm.In the evening we will attend the grand fiesta when the awards are given out (Let’s see if we get any of them…!) with a dinner and a dance to finish off.
– Sunday: After breakfast, we set sail to visitthe coves from the sea: Cala Saona, Ses Illetes and Espalmador. Real natural paradises where we will anchor for a meal, la last swim and in the evening we’ll set sail to Sitges.
– Monday: Arrival at the Port of Sitges around midday and end of the adventure.
Information and Reservations
Andres (+34 605 81 54 61)
Price: 575€ per person
Includes all the ship’s expenses, Professional skipper, insurance, cleaning, in the ports, licence and inscription in the regatta as well as the parties and dinners in Sitges on Wednesday and Formentera on Saturday
The price of food, drinks and diesel fuel is not included. This can be shared by crew members (About 75 euros each).The proposal begins and ends in Sitges (Barcelona), Transport to and from the starting point is not included
- Lenght: 15 m.
- Beam: 4.49 m.
- Draft: 1.85 m.
- Engine: Volvo 75 hp
- Double cabins: 5
- Bathrooms: 3
- Electric refrigerator: 2
- Kitchen: 1
- Oven: 1
- Lounge convertible: 1
- Outputs day: 11+1
- Outputs night: 10+2
- Gps – plotter – radar
- Wind equipment
- Probe – slider
- Electric windlass
- Shot 220 V
- Hot water
- Furling genoa
- Cold-hot shower in aft
- Complete Kitchen
- Set of towels in bathrooms
- Dinghy Outboard more
What to pack
It is advised not to pack too many luggage, and if possible, a non-rigid suitcase. The most ideal would be a medium sized sports bag.
- Shoes with white soles to walk on deck, and flipflops
- Warm clothing
- Light waterproof jacket
- Bathing suits, towel and multiple shirts
- Sunscreen, sun caps and sunglasses
The life on board
It is very important to maintain order on board, inside (personal items in common areas), on deck (cremes, towels, cameras, etc) and while sailing, to avoid accidents or items going overboard.
- Try to save drinking water, the tanks are limited and it is preferable to moderate consumption (in the showers) than to have to go refill
- To use the toilet, specific instructions have to be followed, and paper or any other thing must not be flushed, to avoid clogs.
- As for the electric consumption; don’t leave any lights on, and charge phones during the day.
- Try to avoid going on board with shoes from the street, therefore highly recommended to use a light shoe with white soles to avoid bashing your feet onto anything.
- Eliminate sand from your feet and towels before going in after coming back from the beach.
- Never enter while being wet, to avoid slips and accidents.
- Use cremes (such as sunscreen) on top of a towel to avoid the deck from becoming slippery.